cover photo: Bernat Armangue/AP
- Russian bombing of Ukrainian infrastructure on Wednesday left at least ten dead and fifty-one injured and caused power and water cuts, mainly in the capital Kiev. According to the Ukrainian Air Force, Moscow fired about seventy cruise missiles into Ukraine, fifty-one of which were shot down, and sent five suicide drones.
- According to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, about fifteen regions experienced problems with water and electricity supplies. “The situation with electricity remains difficult in almost all regions. However, we are gradually moving away from the cuts and every hour we are reconnecting the electricity for new consumers.”he said.
- French diplomacy announced “strengthen its mobilization for the benefit of the Ukrainian people”. Before we describe his help: “In response to Ukraine’s appeal, the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs is currently transporting 100 generators with a capacity of 50 KW to 100 KW to Romania. These generators will be handed over to the Ukrainian authorities in the coming days. »
- “These acts clearly constitute war crimes,” said French diplomacy. “This systematic attack on the population as winter approaches reflects a clear Russian desire to make the Ukrainian people suffer, to deprive them of water, heat and electricity to undermine their resilience. »
- French President Emmanuel Macron announced on Wednesday that he would have done so « contact directly » with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, “in the coming days”in particular about Ukrainian civilian nuclear energy, a source of concern.
- “With temperatures below 0°C, tens of millions of people without energy, without heating and without water, this is clearly a crime against humanity”denounced Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in a brief statement to the United Nations (UN) Security Council.
- After these strikes three nuclear power plants “disconnected” from the electricity grid, without having any effect on the radiation level at this stage. Supply to that of Zaporijia (South), occupied by the Russians, was stopped.
- Moldova, which was already plagued by major energy problems as a result of the war in Ukraine, is a victim of this “massive power outage”complained his deputy prime minister, Andrei Spînu.
- On the diplomatic front The European Parliament called Russia on Wednesday“state promoter of terrorism”, in a vote nearly nine months to the day after the Russian invasion of Ukraine began. He also announced that his website was the target of a cyber attack claimed by a “pro-Kremlin group”.
- The United States announced a new $400 million military aid to Ukraine for additional weapons, ammunition and air defense equipment. The UK has sent a first Sea King helicopter to Ukraine and plans to deliver two more.
Find our direct from yesterday by clicking this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
report. Nine months later, Russian missiles only target civilians
actually. The European Parliament calls Russia a “state promoter of terrorism”
report. Clandestine action of Ukrainian partisans “in the heart of victory” in the battle of Kherson
Stand. “Central Europe has not formed a united, homogeneous and cohesive bloc in its attitude towards Russia”
actually. Against the background of the war in Ukraine, the Russian chairman of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee will resign
Stand. Oleksandr Tkachenko, Ukrainian minister: “To prevent the Russian propaganda machine from winning the information war, the civilized world must take active measures”
Testimonials. The diary of two Ukrainian sisters: “Descending into the cold and smelly shelter brings home the sad reality of war”
actually. The answers from the “World” to your most frequently asked questions